Odyne's system is the best solution for lower cost and faster ROI with savings of up to $10,000 per year through efficiencies in fuel, maintenance and operations savings and battery advantages.
The Odyne hybrid system’s regenerative braking, launch assist and stationary or idle-off modes reduce chassis service over the life of a vehicle at a savings of $2000** annually including:
• Engine oil and filter service
• Diesel particulate filter
• Fuel filter/strainer
• Coolant system service
• Engine brake service
• No generator maintenance
Odyne system's reduced fuel consumption while driving and at the work site, depending on application, is up to 1,750 gallons per year = $8750 per year, during 250 work days.*
The Odyne system reduces fuel-related operating and maintenance costs to help fleet managers control budgets and take advantage of the more consistent cost of electricity compared to fuel.
The Odyne system recharges batteries while braking or in the field with the engine. Plug-in charging is preferred, but not mandatory. Odyne's electricity storage system allows it to operate in engine idle-off, all-electric stationary mode longer and doesn’t require frequent engine restart/run to charge batteries compared to other hybrid systems. This reduces fuel consumption and cost. When the system is plugged in for recharging, Odyne’s solution takes advantage of the more consistent cost of electricity compared to fuel.
Additional operation savings include:
• Reduction in operator refueling time/costs
• More flexible work hours due to quiet operation
Odyne’s battery management strategy maintains the battery and optimizes the recharging rates for:
• Extended battery life throughout truck lifecycle
• Reduced maintenance cost
• Minimal battery charging cost – charging the batteries during off-peak hours with 25 kWh per night at $0.10 per kWh = $2.50 per work day
* Based upon International IHC DT engine chassis with Odyne PHEV system in use 250 days per year for 10 years with 2 hours of driving and 4.5 hours of electric mode operation and approximate fuel cost of $5 per gallon diesel fuel
** Based on International IHC DT engine chassis with Odyne PHEV system in use 250 days a year for 10 years with 2 hours of driving and 4.5 hours of electric mode operation per day using manufacturer’s recommended service procedures and intervals.