Odyne’s system is a turnkey, integrated solution applied to most new chassis or applied as a retrofit, featuring:
• OEM Compatibility with most chassis over 14,000-lb GVW (Detroit Diesel engines, FCCC, Kenworth, Ford, Freightliner, International, Navistar with Cummins, and Peterbilit)
• Minimally invasive – no drive train modifications required*
• An industry standard drivetrain interface with automatic transmissions
• Simplified integration through power take off (PTO)
• System propulsion components placed within chassis frame rails for ease of body installation
• Battery packs in a variety of locations to suit application
• Electric motor can drive both a PTO and hydraulic pump
*OEM chassis components can be serviced through the chassis manufacturer’s service network. Retains the Allison transmission warranty.
U.S. patents: 7,471,066, 7,830,117, 8,408,341, 8,818,588. Other patents pending in U.S., Europe and Asia.
Allison Transmission, Inc. has globally endorsed the use of its 1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000 Series transmissions with the Odyne hybrid system as the exclusively-approved PTO-based hybrid system.